CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Syawal - Part I

Today is the 12th day of Syawal. Pantas betul masa berlalu. Terlalu pantas. Scary huh? Raya for me this is year is about the same. It’s just that I didn’t roam that much because of the condition I am in and Aqim was suddenly down with high fever. Arrived in SG 2 days before the Eid. The immigration in SG was rather rigid that night. Guess what? The 2kg fresh meat my mil wanted to give my mom was ‘donated’ into a big green dustbin. No meat, no poulty are allowed into S’pore. The officer pitied me but he said he got to do his job. My mil had wanted to give my mom rendang but do not have enough time to do it. So she gave the fresh meat as buah tangan. Sigh……bukan rezeki

The next day, we delivered cookies to Noris’ place. Had wanted to go to Jurong for CK’s cookies but we got to run errand and hantar lauk pauk to my grandaunt’s place in Balestier. Then we proceed to Geylang coz hubby has forgotten to bring his songkok. Unnecessary spending, I tell you. Human traffic in Geylang made me dizzy. Some people just wanted their face to be in telly for Ra-Ra Bazzar. Aiyoh I tell you these people are so jakun. They were not looking around for stuffs but just to be there to join in the fun. Traffic congestion was another problem. So hubby and I decided to just stay in the car and enjoy our dinding. At 1.30am, the traffic was better and we drove back home. Next day was Raya. After prayers, and the bermaaf-maafan thingy, we proceed to my aunts and uncles place. We visited 5 houses and I was dead tired. My tummy felt tight and I had problems sleeping. Poor me. The following day, continued our visiting but this time we started a bit late coz I was not feeling so comfy. We covered 4 houses only one of which was Noris’ place. Met CK there. So glad at last I managed to see her. Tapi short while only lah. Nevermind ah CK, next time kita sembang lama sket ok. Noris’ tok was there too and I am so glad he is getting better. After Noris’ place we headed home. Hubby said he wants to go to JB to fill up the tank. So we left at about 11.30pm. Jam giler tu. There I realized Aqim was down with fever. Perhaps he was too tired and for the first time he just got no appetite when we made a stopover at Jalan Kayu for Roti Prata.

3rd day, we stayed at home coz Aqim’s fever went up to 40.5deg. I was worried. Then he purged a few times and seemed week. No appetite to eat at all and had liquid only. Kesian betul. In the evening, we went to my cousin’s place nearby my place, for his open house. Stayed a while there. I apologized to the cousins for not being able to join in the visitation. I am sure they understand. So there goes my visiting in Spore. Nothing so grand but I enjoyed myself of coz.

0 comments: