CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 25, 2005

Sharing the news


A list of things happened and I want to put in my blog coz I wanna make sure this is documented for future reference.

My apartment is sold. I have mixed feelings. Mom called me 2 days ago telling me that the Chinese guy who came in October brought his home decorator along. Such a small world we lived in huh. The decorator was my brother’s schoolmate and he was impressed at the way we maintain our house for 18years. That’s right. I have been staying there for 18years. Before that I have stayed in Lorong Renjong, Off Yio Chu Kang Road for 15 years and when it had to be demolished, I cried my hearts out. However, this time I will not cry but the tinge of sadness has started to envelope my emotional self. We loved this apartment but it just had to go. Ayah has retired and I am now residing in Malaysia. No one could pay for the utilities as we have another apartment in Punggol 21 to take care of. Although the Punggol unit officially belongs to my bro, but we as family unit is taking care of the the apartment together. Ayah said it will be hard to maintain 2 units at one go and the older unit has to go. So yesterday the fella came to the house and officially signed the letter to agree that he is buying my beloved unit. Mak signed it too and now they have to wait for my signature as this apmt is under mak and my name. So by March 2006, we have to evacuate and thinking about it made my heart sank. Well, whatever it is, everything must come to an end. Probably it will be my last confinement period in my old unit. Hougang 657, I love you so and I just got to let go. To the neighbors, thank you so much for being part of the family. Each one of you is special in your own way. Thanks for the memories.

Got news yesterday but it was unofficial. I will be transferred to another department. I will be doing regional direct sales. I have been eyeing for this position but it was not meant to be. I thought the boss didn’t want to offer me this position because I am not up to her expectations. And hence I gave up the idea and didn’t push her anymore. However, yesterday my TL was discussing on some changes in the organization discreetly. 2 staffs from the department I am in now have been transferred to regional sales team. I didn’t even think it was me bcoz I was just transferred to the Malaysia team (before this I supported Indonesia market) barely 2months. My colleague who was so excited for me told me the news and frankly, I am glad I am given the chance. I am still waiting for the official news today. I will give my all to achieve this dream and prove it to myself that I can do it. I know Allah will help me. Thank you Allah for the things you have granted me.


I thought I was about to deliver yesterday. I had very bad stomach ache and it is not something I ate. The ache was intermittent and lapse 20 minutes each time. I took a cab home and the bumpy ride made it worse. I was chanting my prayers, hoping that I will not give birth in the cab. I called my gynea and he said it could be Braxton Hicks, a false alarm. He said the pain was probably due to the fact that the uterus is pushing it down and made it uncomfy for me. Told him I can’t breathe well. He asked if I have any stains. He said if the pain persists today, he wants to see me and do some test. When I got up this morning, the pain is gone. I hope this baby can wait for its due in January before seeing the world. I have quite a plan lined up for the month of December. So baby darling, wait for January ok. It’s just a few weeks away.

My bestest of friend is not feeling too good. I pray for them to be well and happy.
*Nya’: You take care hor. Whatever that you are facing now is a phase everyone will have to go through. You can do it beb, just think positively and slowly ok. Forget about the fact that particular someone is hurting you. It’s not worth your thought and friendship.
*10: I am sorry for what has happened to your late J. J is now in heaven sitting next to God. He is such a lovely baby. I just want you to be happy again. It made me cry what you wrote on how J had his last breath. God has plan our life and he will not make us miserable. Don't blame yourself coz you are really a good mom. I am so sorry for not being there when you needed a friend. I will meet you when I come home to Spore again ok.

Me signing off now….have a good weekend ahead.

3 comments:

KC said...

Nurul Dear,
What you've written about selling your old apt really makes me feel equally sad. You know me & S are currently thinking of selling our current place to get a new landed property. But we love this current place so much like it's part of us. To buy a new one without selling this current one tu macam too much for uslah kan as we definitely need the cash to put for deposit for the new one. We may put it on hold for another year me think until we are ready to let go...shedihhlah...I totally understand how you feel babe :(

and re. that job you've been eyeing, I doakan it become official that it's yours. InsyaAllah, ada rezeki you and rezeki baby baru. Hee..can't wait for your new baby to come out.Mesti pleasant and comey macam abang Mustaqim dia! Heee geram geram :)

take care ok!
mwahss

CestmoiCK said...

To echo KC, we pray that the "job" is yours :)

As for delivery, ok, we pray that you'll deliver in January, hehe.

Take care!

Simple Mom.. said...

KC,
Thanks for having the same feeling.I love this apmt so much but I believe there's always a hikmah. Lagipun ini semua harta dunia so it will be momentary jer kan. The neighbors, although mostly are chinese, are an awesome lot. Very down to earth. Mcm masa I got married kat bawah apmt tu, ada yang sibuk bergotong royong hehehehehee.

KC and CK,
Yep. I got the job and it's already made official. Thank u for the prayers. Now this job calls for a self challenge coz ada individual half a year target. Insyallah.

CK,
Yep January baby is what i wish for. Coz it will be a brand new year and a brand new aim in life hehehehehehe