CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 24, 2005

Weekend was something I looked forward too. I was eager to see Nya. You know when you are homesick and then you get to meet someone from the same country, you feel so excited. That was how I felt. Although it was a short meet up, it makes me sane :) and calm(like the pix attached) hehehehehe

Initially we had wanted to have a gebang session with the MCKKians. However, with the short trip I don't think it will be a good idea. Noris arrived at my place around 3pm and she looked tired. Then, plan B was for us to just have dinner with Dee. Just the 3 of us to catch up on things. But a Friday call from my dad changed the whole plan. Dad's vehicle has to 'evacuate' from Spore. His car is a Malaysian registered car and since he has retired(6th Oct 2005), his car's registration is no more under the care of of the Embassy. So if it stays longer, dad has to fork out SGD$20 per weekday as a vehicle levy. To make sense, dad asked Dee to take the car out and we are in charge to take care of the car. I shall not bitch abt his company neither do i want to talk abt the government's policy. What I can say is, it's just fated and we can't fret abt it. To his ex boss, all I can say is, Thank you for your 'help' and your 'kind manners'. Period! Alamak dah side track pulak.

Neway, back to the dinner. So there were just the two of us at KLCC looking for stuffs. I had booked Madam Kwan earlier on but the table was a tad big. Since we were there very early, we managed to get 2 of our friends who were, coincidently, on the way to town. So we arranged for a meet up. At least it won't be that boring lah kan. ALK came first. I told Noreez not to look at him coz since it has been a while, I want to see if he could recognise us. But whola! He could! Then came NSE and her cuzin. We had a great time chit chatting over dinner. I guess we were either too loud or too excited as I could see a few patronage sitting near our table, were looking at us. ALK has always been a nutcase so the atmosphere were somewhat crazy. I was so engrossed with the conversation and didn't get the hint when Nya' kicked me. I tot she accidentally did that but actually she was trying to tell me Hans just passed by us. How blur! ALK was saying that the Char Kuey Teow made me all blurry....hahahahahaha. Afterwards we proceed to Starbucks and continued our chit chatting. We chatted like as if there was no tomorrow. I made a few calls home and my little munchkin was already asleep. At least I don't feel that bad leaving him behind. Hubby on the other hand, was enjoying his ride on the Aeroline. Hmm everything seemed so smooth. We bid our farewells at a quarter to 12midnight. This was really a record for me as I have not been out this late with friends eversince Dee said "Saya terima nikahnya" 3 yrs ago. It's really awesome and I am longing to do it again. (NSE suggested we go for Karaoke one fine day after Ramadhan).

Some good news for the week. I received a call from my housing agent and our apmt is Spore will be sold to one malay couple. We have been trying to sell the house for quite sometime coz Dad has to eventually leave Spore and go back to Malaysia. So next yr onwards, we will all 'berkhemah' at Helmi's apartment in Punggol 21. Anyways, the price is not very lucrative in oppose to the valuation by HDB but it is enough for my parents to live their remaining life with that money. I guess after all their hardwork, it's time for them to relax and rest, enjoying their life together and with almost half a dozen of grandchildren to make their day. Dad has been asking me to look for a space for him to do a small scale business. Hmm...so I have to do the running again.

Another news for the week was when I got a message from my brother that reads:"Kak Ci(my nickname), good news. Your anak sedara, Syafiq a.k.a. the monyet is now the 9th Best Speed Climber in the World. He just competed in the World Cup Series in China". This boy makes us really proud. He was once a defiant boy and was so much influenced by his friends. I guess he came to realise his passion in sports and since than made his school proud of him. I believe he can go far and hopefully will be selected again by S'pore Sports Council for Xtreme Sports Competition. Tak sesia kecik2 suka main panjat2 and he has always been a fearless kiddo. Kudos dear Syafiq Utama.

Today is the 20th of Ramadhan. That means we are left with 10 days before Syawal appears. The feeling of sadness envelopes me little by little. I do not know why this feelings are just here and refuse to budge since day 1 of Ramadhan. Whatever it is, I thank God for 'awarding' the family and me perfect health for us to perform this rukun Islam smoothly. Oh, btw, just for reminder, jangan lupa bayar zakat, ok.

3 comments:

Raudha Ismail said...

i feel you! i feel you!

y'know that part when syawal is so near, you feel lyke you wished it could be longer, and the torturing raya songs don't help kan?

gosh, been long aku dah tak chat with chatting partner!

well, well, well, it's only fair lar kan, that we share kak intan. you get to have fun with her when aku dah selalu mesra alam dgn dia 99% all the time, so it's only fair lar kan. tapi! part tak fair tu bila part HANS!! eh hallo, you must be able to sense the different kind of kick tau!

lain kali, i'll kick you - harder!

wei, aku rindu chatting dgn lu lar.

Simple Mom.. said...

Yo chatting gang,

Sorry lah wa busy lah lately. U know I have moved to the new team, haven't you? So byk kena catch up.

You feel me..aiyoh which part lar heheheheheehe.

Share with Kak Intan? Alamak i hope the bloggers don't get us wrong lah kan, eventhough how 'flexible' I can be(at times).

That was the problem. Everytime she walks, she will step on my shoe or when she sits, she will accidently kick my leg. So I was so getting used to it until can't tell whtr it is a signal or wat.

Moi too la....

Nyah,
Did I just typed wrongly? Yeah I realised u arrived at my place later than 3pm. Malas lah nak edit. Aku ni tertidur while waiting for you to yang aku tak buat time check betul2. Hehehehehe

Raudha Ismail said...

kenapa ek blog kau and kak tan tak allow anonymous comments semenjak ni? korang dah ada stalker eh? tak tau pon!

anyyyywayyyyyssssssssssss!

marilah kita berdoa. dah 10 malam terakhir kan.

lurpyewkaknyun!

owh, and aqim too larh. abg acho leh lurp jugak? tak pasal lar.

malam raya nanti kita salam2 lar eh =)