
I had a great weekend despite my bouts of dizziness. We went to Malacca (to do spring cleaning for the house after the robbery incident last week) on Saturday early morning. Reached there just nice for sahur. After the subuh prayers, all of us slept again accept for my bro who was getting ready to go to work. All of us were so exhausted. Parents reached Malacca an hour before us (guess my hubby got to get a new car with turbo engine lah. My parents who came from S'pore can reach Malacca first. Aiyoh, mesti ayah speeding abis ni). At 1000h, mom couldn’t stop nagging abt going to the market. She had planned for to cook Kuey Teow Hong Kong for berbuka and didn't any delay to get all the ingredients. Ayah seemed to be enjoying his sleep. Hmm can't blame this old man la. He is 60 and he was the only one who drove from SG to Malacca. Poor him. I then urged my Dee to drive us to the market. Furthermore, our little brat wanted to join us and I can't handle him all by myself in this condition. So no choice heh.
I am surprised for this is my first 'virgin' trip to the new Malaccan wet market. Very nice and well organized. No stinky smell and the market is huge...hence human jams are controllable. Mom told me to wait at the dry area coz she was worried I might slip and fall. But I insist to go in coz I was just amazed. Macam orang jakun betul. Even Aqim was enjoying himself. Usually if we go to Pasar Borong Selayang, he will pinch his nose shut coz the smell is unbearable. Anyways, I was standing still with Aqim at the dry area but failed to realise that where I stood was a makeshift stall full of toys! Aqim pulled my hand, took of his slippers and sat right there. It was as though he was in this wonderland and busily choosing which toy he wanted. I panicked coz there is no way I could carry this 18kg toy monster. Even if I could, I am so very sure he will create a scene for me(mom said I was like that too). I called Dee who was in the car looking out for parking space. Then my sister came. Phew...!!! She went to the car and stayed there while Dee came to my rescue. Aqim had like 4-5 different toys he had wanted me to purchase. Die die die......gini tauke jual daging pun boleh bungkus tikar. Aqim handed to me one after another toy for me to put it in the plastic bag. I took one by one and without him realising, I put it on the shelf back. He jolly well thought I have purchased it all for him. I just took two of the toys he choose and quickly paid for it. Gave him the big bag and Dee carried him. He smiled from ear to ear but he hadn't found out yet that he has being duped. Sorry eh Aqim....
Mak got out of the market (finally) and she got a handful of stuffs in her hand. She whispered that she had to cancel the Kuey Teow Hong Kong as my sil wanted to do Mee Goreng Seafood for the family. Alah....there goes the plan. I wanted to learn the skills but in the end tak jadi...aiyah....In the car (on the way home), Aqim was busily taking out his toys....boy i didnt know he's got elephant's memory! When he saw only 2 toys out of 4-5, he asked..."Umi where? Where?" With his gesture as if looking high and low for the balance toys. I told him that he has got toys at home....2 basket full. He still insisted. And suddenly the sharp screaming cry from him just broke the silent tired mode in the car. Mak blamed me for not purchasing it. I told her he had wanted all the 5 toys. Mak shrug in disbelief. But after a few coaxing and some threatening words from the father, Aqim settled down with his toys. Adoi budak ni....
So that was it on Saturday. At nite the boys went for prayers and the girls (women) stayed at home and played with Ahmad. Sunday, it was so sunny and I think I showered 4 times...I stayed in the aircon room until mak shouted for us to go to the market (AGAIN MAK????). But it was a short market trip coz she wanted me to do chicken chop for my eldest bro. All nice and well. This time mak cooked lauk kampung and I did the chicken chop with my helper. Mak got her helper to bbq the red talapia and cincaru. While she was busy doing the air asam. Then we had sayur lodeh and sambal belacan and ikan sepat asin and the left over from yesterday's the mee goreng seafood.So much food on the table la. Looking at Dee and eldest bro makan, sampai mak mertua lalu pun tak perasan. Dee was saying that if I cook this dished for him daily, he would have to do alot of burning out at the gym.
We left Malacca earlier coz Dee didn't want me to be too tired to go to work the next day. Left Malacca at 2230h and reached KL at 0000h exactly. Although I do feel tired but meeting my family from Spore and to get to berbuka puasa together is the best thing that could happen. Sayang sekali my youngest bro and wife couldnt join us. Else it will be like a rehearsal for Hari Raya gathering hehehehehe. I hope mak is ok now. She is quite upset abt certain something I can't pour it out here. But mak, aiyah u dun worry la.....just ake care of yourself ajer lah ok.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
The splended weekend it was
Posted by
Simple Mom..
at
5:26 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wah, Aqim is already 18kgs? Mak aiii, Y baru je 12kg, tu pun turun naik btwn 11-12kg. Sigh. Anak I tu kurang minat makan, hehehe (unlike MAK DIA!) :)
Hmmm...terlior sungguh baca menu you all buka puasa. Rajin betul mak you masak memasak ye? Apa pun glad you had a great weekend with your loved ones.
Hugs
one of your precise blogging style.. heehehe..
sugguh terperinci sampai kan mcm ck kata terlior mendengar menu anda itu..
CK,
Tulah my son tu almost weigh like two pack of 10kg rice. If u want to know how heavy, practice on the rice bags first hehehehehe. Anak I salah silap boleh dukung Yasmin.
Noreez,
Yalah, I was so into writting yesterday and couldnt stop. Pardon the mouth watering details eh if u read this during daytime. Lucky I tak post the pix..kalau tak, both of u lagi liuq lentok kot?
Nurul!
Aiseh, tengahari macam ni baca your entry about cencaru, air asam, kueyteow hong kong (my fav jugak) buat perut I 'grok-grok-grok' berbunyi :)
Glad that you all had a good time together although it was just for one day! Seronokkan berkumpul ramai2 macam tu..ahh...can't wait for raya !
nurul,
is kuey-teow hong kong similar to kuey-teow kungfu? (wrapped with egg, with thick gravy and lots of seafood swimming) :)
Post a Comment